close

When King Lear dies in Act5,
当李尔王在第五幕戏死掉时,

do you know what Shakespeare has written?
你知道莎士比亚怎么写的么?

He's written "He dies.'
他写道 "他死了."

That's all.
就这样

Nothing more. No fanfare, no metaphor, no brilliant final words.
没有别的, 没有夸张, 没有比喻, 没有华丽的结束语

The culmination of the most influential work of dramatic literature is,
戏剧文学中最有影响力之作的高潮部分就是

"He dies."
"他死了."

It takes Shakespeare, a genius to come up with, "He dies."
莎士比亚这个天才作家写出来的只是 "他死了"

And yet, every time
然而每次

I read those two words, I find myself overwhelm with dysphoria.
我读到这几个字, 我都会揪心一般的难受

And I know it's only natural to be sad.
我知道难过是正常的

But not because of the words, "He dies."
但是并非因为那几个字 "他死了."

But because of the life we saw prior to the words.
而是因为我们在这几个字之前看到的一生

I've lived all five of my acts,
我人生中的五幕已经演完了

and I am not asking you to be happy that I must go.
我并不是要求你对我的离开感到高兴

I am only asking that you turn the page, continue reading,
我只是想要你 翻过这一页 继续往后读

and let the next story begin.
开始另一个故事

And if anyone ever asks what became of me,
要是什么时候有人问起我

you relate my life in all its wonder,
你给他讲述我的一生, 所有的精彩故事之后

and end it with a simple and modest,
用一个简单的 "他死了" 来结尾吧
"He died."


无意中听到这段话...

感触很多很多...

一个人辉煌亦或平凡的一生之后

用一句简单的 他死了 来结尾

足以...

简简单单

归于平静


arrow
arrow
    全站熱搜

    josiebb 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()